Saturday, July 24, 2010

How do I remove minwax w/ polyurethane from my hands? I tried soap and it didn't come off?

I use one of those kitchen scrubber pads to take paint, varnish, etc off my hands, I never wear gloves and I am always into something. You can try some paint thinner first to soften it up, but it usually comes right off with a scrubber pad and a bit of Lava soap.How do I remove minwax w/ polyurethane from my hands? I tried soap and it didn't come off?
Paint thinner. If you don't have that in the house nail polish remover or even lighter fluid.How do I remove minwax w/ polyurethane from my hands? I tried soap and it didn't come off?
Ugh. Polyurethane is plastic, so you've essentially got plastic all over your hands. I might try turpentine or any other paint stripper I had in my garage, but you're probably stuck (no pun intended) with the plastic on your hands until it wears off.





Having learned the hard way, I always wear disposable gloves when I work with polyurethane.





Good luck!
Try a product such as Oophs or if you have some handy, fingernail polish remover.
Mineral Spirits, the same thing you use to clean the poly out of your brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment