Monday, July 26, 2010

What's the best way to wash tennis shoes? Washing machine, or hands? Detergent or soap?

I have these tennis shoes that I wear all the time. I paid a lot of money for them, so I want them to look as good as possible. They're pretty dirty, and I want them to look as good as new as possible for as long as possible. So any and all honest help would be nice. Thanks for the help.What's the best way to wash tennis shoes? Washing machine, or hands? Detergent or soap?
maybe saok em then machine wash em if they're really dirtyWhat's the best way to wash tennis shoes? Washing machine, or hands? Detergent or soap?
I have found that the washing machine works just fine, but do not put them in the dryer they can shrink them and after awhile it will start to pull the rubber sole away from the leather. If they are white you can try a toothbrush and some bleach.
if your shoes are white and you want them to shine like theyre brand new, a good trick is the new clorox bleach pen, it works wonders on my kids shoes. also a toothbrush with a bowl of soapy water helps clean shoes without destroying them. best of luck!
depends on fabric: leather or canvas, good luck !!
Depends on what kind of shoes they are really. What kind are they? Are the black? If so hand wash them, if not use the washing machine. But usually if they aren't really dirty you hand wash them with just a little bleach (if they are white). If they aren't just use soap or just run them under water and rub away the dirt. Don't wash them with the laces, get new laces or wash those sepratley in the washing machine.
washing machine
I'd soak them for a few days in Oxyclean and then scrub the soles using a toothbrush with some Ajax or other sink cleaner (it has bleach) and then throw them in the washer. After they wash just let them air dry. I have done this a lot with mine, and they look almost new when finished.
I wash my leather tennis shoes with soap.


If them are of canvas, do it with a gentle detergent. Not hot water, cold, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment