Monday, July 26, 2010

I am breaking out in a rash on hands only after using hand soaps and dish detergent, is it an actual allergy?

I had hives for almost an entire year, not on my hands mind you but my legs and stomach. For life of me couldn't figure out where they were coming from. Finally my new ENT looked and said it sure seemed to be contact dermatitis which got me wondering. After a year of Claritin everyday, funny thing happened I stopped using the antibacterial soap that I loved from Bath %26amp; Body Works because I ran out. All of a sudden I noticed, no more hives???? I had went through changing everything to hyperallergenic soaps/detergents/fabric softerners, etc...drove myself crazy and found the offending substance myself, thank goodness!!!I am breaking out in a rash on hands only after using hand soaps and dish detergent, is it an actual allergy?
it might be because you actually might be allergic. or you might just be allergic to a product that is contained in that detergent or soap.I am breaking out in a rash on hands only after using hand soaps and dish detergent, is it an actual allergy?
It may be an allergy. Hand soap makes my son's hands break out. He uses Dove Free for sensitive skin.
Sounds like contact dermatitis and can be caused by many many things. Lots of household cleaners have formaldehyde, parabens, and other icky things that cause skin rashes. You just have to learn which brands to avoid. Start by reading labels. Avoid anything with formaldehyde, paraben, lanolin, or dyes or fragrances. These are all common ingredients and also commonly cause skin problems. I am going to give you a link to read an article about the hazards of formaldehyde and a link to a vanicream skin soap I use that doesn't have formaldehyde. You can see if your local drug store carries it. To wash your dishes, see if you can find a soy-based cleaner at your natural foods store. I use the Enviro-Rite brand. Not only does it not have those chemicals that mess up your hands and are toxic to the body, it also doesn't have any fake colors....ewwww
I have a very severe allergy to citric acid, it is used as a preservative in loads of items, and its in Joy dish soap to smell good or what ever. so it may be as simple as that, and by no means is it simple to live with allergies
You may have an allergy or sensitivity to one of the ingredients
  • cream treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment