Friday, August 20, 2010

I cut and gutted 25 raw jalepenos and my hands will not stop burning! Ive washed with soap,used vineger. Help!?

don't touch your eyes.


use gloves next time,


vinegar not treatment


hydrocortisone creams and benadryl, try ice water soak.





one site says its from capciasin, known skin irritant/ used in sports gels/ shingles, makes heat. another site, says use witch hazel,


When did you notice the burning after the 25th one or sooner? I do this, but under running water or in a bowl of water.I cut and gutted 25 raw jalepenos and my hands will not stop burning! Ive washed with soap,used vineger. Help!?
I did this one day not too long ago. I only cut up one jalepeno. My hands burned for the whole next day. Nothing helped me. You just have to wait it out.I cut and gutted 25 raw jalepenos and my hands will not stop burning! Ive washed with soap,used vineger. Help!?
The irritant is an oil. Slather your hands in butter or oil, rub it all over, then wash with soap again.





The oil will absorb the jalepeno oil, the soap will remove both oils.





Next time wear gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment