Friday, August 20, 2010

Was it the water,soap, or latex affecting my hands.?

I work at a restaurant as a dishwasher and im allergic to clam chowder so I put on latex yellow gloves so i could wash pans with clam chowder on them but when i put them on my hands started burning so i immediately took them off and we came to think im allergic to latex as well as clam chowder, but it continued burining so i switched from using joy soup to crystal lite but it still burnt and by the end of my shift almost ( 8 hours) my hand were bleeding pretty much from the pores. What was hurting my hands so badly?Was it the water,soap, or latex affecting my hands.?
Many people are allergic to laytex. Someone close to me works at a dental office and has the same problem when she wears the gloves. Her hands burn and evenutally it turned into something that looked like a terrible rash and they also bled. She had to use somekind of cream i think maybe it was hydrocortizone. But you should consult your physician. It is definatly the latex.Was it the water,soap, or latex affecting my hands.?
Have you gone to the doctor? Hydrocortisone is great for skin allergies. A very high percentage of people are allergic to latex. Get another job where you don't have to be exposed to things that you are allergic to.
In my experience, once you start having a really bad reaction, your body responds poorly to everything that can be an irritant.
You may be allergic to Latex. It is very common. We don't even have latex on the ambulances anymore they had to make the gloves out of some other synthetic material. Good luck
Well it started in the gloves so probably latex, or else someone threw some anthrax in them as a joke and you're f`cked!
either your allergic to latex..or there was a hole in the gloves and the clam chowder seaped through...could be both.
allergic reaction

No comments:

Post a Comment