Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I got gasoline on my hands from the mower. i washed several times with soap, and it still smells, is it safe?

i have a 8 month old daughter as well and im terrified to pick her up. am i ok?I got gasoline on my hands from the mower. i washed several times with soap, and it still smells, is it safe?
If you can't get the smell off with soap, this sounds dumb but use cooking oil. Gas is a petroleum based product and therefore an oil. Rub cooking oil into hands and then wash with a strong soap. Or if you have cold cream, use it. If the smell is strong, I would be afraid to touch the baby too.I got gasoline on my hands from the mower. i washed several times with soap, and it still smells, is it safe?
your ok. Shell be fine, but i would try getting this stuff called GOJO orange smooth hand cleaner. It gets everything off.
Cut a lemon in half and rub it all on your hands. The acid in the lemon will work to take the smell off and clean your hands.
put soap on your hand and find a metal surface and rub you handso on it and then rense it it will get the smell right out
Well I would be careful.....Try consalting a doctor or poisin control.
You're probably fine.Try using dishwashing soap. It chelates more types of oils than hand washing soaps too. The reason for this is that you don't normally want all the oils to be stipped off your skin...
I hate it when that happens to me also, but not with gasoline. I wash my hands like a ton of times, but to make the smell go away wash your hands in a squeezed lemon, that'll remove it. Make sure you use the soap you use to take a shower, its better than that hand soap stuff.
you will be safe to pick up your daugter...if youre worred about catching fire, its mostly the fumes that catch fire, thats why gas evaporates . after washing the fumes are gone. the smell pretty much has to wear away, eventually it will (thats what i have found from my experiance working at a gas station for 3 years.) if your still kinda freaked out just avoid having contact with you or your daugters mouth till the smell goes away
You will be fine. And so will your daughter. The smell will disipate very soon. Wash with dawn.
try washing your hands with lemon juice. see if that helps, it should!
You will be fine i get diesel on my hands every day, the smell will go away soon there is no problem.
its ok. Though with kids around, wait for say 15 mins. That much time should be enough to evaporate the gasoline out of your hands.
Yes, you are OK. The odor won't last very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment