Friday, August 20, 2010

Why is it that we wash fruit with water only but our hands with soap before eating?

Because our hands are frequently exposed to and can retain live bacteria and viruses. Fruit is usually exposed to parasites and things of that nature that most pesticides kill.





The reason you wash fruit with water is to remove any trace elements of pesticides, and the reason you wash your hands is to remove any bacteria that can cause health problems if ingested.Why is it that we wash fruit with water only but our hands with soap before eating?
as for fruits and veggies.... i think that water pretty much does the trick for getting off those pesky pesticides that can cause food poisoning.





it's not like i'd use anti-bacterial soap on something that i was about to eat as i don't want to ingest that stuff... but i guess it couldn't hurt to anti-bac the fruit/vegetable. i tend not to worry about such things too much and barely wash my hands... idk i never get sick. maybe it's luck.Why is it that we wash fruit with water only but our hands with soap before eating?
Possible answers





a) Nobody likes soapy fruit





b) Your hands are more likely to have more dangerous bacteria on them. For example, you probably wouldnt take a peach to the toilet....unless you like that sort of thing :p
decent question. well its because we want to get rid off a little the dirty stuff on top. the people that pick the fruits in foreign countries do not wash their hands, and bugs feces are present in microscopic quantities as well.
No one wants the aftertaste of soap. All the bacteria are getting immune to our anti-bacterial soap, and so the friction created between our hands when washing does more to kill them than the actual soap.
I wash my fruit with Dawn soap before eating. It gets that stupid waxy crap off. Hate that.





*my soap washed fruit does not taste of soap* I also wash cucumbers too so I can eat the peel on the slices.
I wash all of my fruit with soap, washing it with just water doesn't do


the job for me...
If you wish you could wash your fruit with soap but it might not taste good.
Soap would make the fruit taste funny.
I don't know, maybe soap would add a different ';flavor'; to some fruits
I wash my fruit with soap, also. What country do YOU hail from, lady?
so we dnt eat soapp haha

No comments:

Post a Comment