Friday, August 20, 2010

Special soap for eczema on hands?

My 4 yr old son has had an outbreak of eczema on his hands. He has always had it on his face and no where else. I am wondering if its because he is washing his hands more than he did when he was younger. I took him to the dr because it was spreading all over his hands and itching very bad. He told me to put hydrocortizone cream on them and to give him oatmeal baths. I forgot to ask him about soaps. They wash their hands all the time at school and use germ x. Should I send a special soap to school with him?Special soap for eczema on hands?
The problem is probably the germ x. I've written several posts on this.





Since I'm a nurse I wash a lot or use alcohol based cleanser for the hands all day. My hands get red on the back, knuckles get cracked and itchy. After some personal experience these are my suggestions...





Hydrocotizone cream and mosturizer-yes


gold bond ';healing'; lotion at least 2 x a day-yes...heals in a day or two


a and d ointment-helps some for the intense dryness


soap-nothing alcohol based or even antibacterial


Elocon-have heard this is good for the hands, can buy at walmart or


amazon





I would send a special soap, something mild for him to take to school. I can think of bar soaps, such as dove, that would be great, but not liquid.





Hope this helps!Special soap for eczema on hands?
try using eucerin or aquaphor


i have eczema too
its not special but try dove it worked for me

No comments:

Post a Comment